Inscrit le: 08 Mai 2016
Moyenne de points: 6,91
|Posté le: JuilUTCMer, 05 Juil 2017 21:21:03 +00002017-07-05T21:21:03+00:00Mer, 05 Juil 2017 21:21:03 +0000UTC0521 19 JuilpmMer, 05 Juil 2017 21:21:03 +000003 22:23 (2017) Sujet du message: Wines Of Portugal Portuguese Wine Guide
Wine guides for the ultra curious, Approach Guides take an in depth look at a wine region’s grapes, denominations and vintages to help you discover wines that meet your preferences.
Aside from Port, Vinho Verde and the occasional Douro red, Portugal’s world-class wines remain unexplored by all but the most experienced wine drinkers. While unfortunate, it is understandable since Portugal’s wines are dominated by complex blends of indigenous grapes encountered nowhere else — for the uninitiated, it is difficult to know what to expect or even where to start. However, we hope to change that with this guide, providing a reference that allows you to jump right in, explore the wines and take advantage of the many compelling values.
What’s in this guidebook
* A distinctive angle. This wine guide takes an educational approach: instead of providing bottle reviews and tasting notes, it gives the essential high-level information you need to understand the country’s wines and make informed choices. For this reason, our wine guides have been rated “best for education” by both Decanter and Food & Wine magazines.
* An overview. We begin with the basics, providing an overview of the wine landscape in Portugal and explaining how to make sense of a Portuguese wine label. In doing so, we provide background on the country’s denomination system.
* Grape varieties. We describe the primary red and white grape varieties in Portugal’s famous blends and where they reach their highest expressions.
* Vintage ratings. We offer a straightforward vintage ratings table, which affords insight into the best and most challenging years for wine production.
* Map and denomination profiles. These profiles are the focus of this guide. Leveraging our map of the region, we give detailed profiles for each of Portugal’s denominations, including the prevailing terroir, the types of wine produced and what makes them distinctive.
* Recommendations. We mark our favorite grapes and denominations with asterisks (*) — our selections have a record for providing quality, consistency and good values.
ABOUT APPROACH GUIDES
Wine guides for the ultra curious, Approach Guides takes an in depth look at a wine region's grapes, appellations, and vintages to help you discover wines that meet your preferences.
PRAISE FOR APPROACH GUIDES
Compulsive (and compulsively informed) travelers, the Raezers are the masterminds behind the downloadable Approach Guides, which are filled with a university course-worth of history and insights for 62 destinations worldwide. WHY WE LOVE IT: The Raezers share our desire for deep, well-researched information on the wonders of the world.
- Travel + Leisure
What started as one couple's travel notes aimed at filling in the gaps in guidebooks has become ApproachGuides.com - a menu of downloadable travel guides that cover cultural and historical topics of interest to thoughtful travelers. What's hot: Bite-sized travel guides that specialize in topics ranging from 29 pages on the foods of Italy to one that helps you explore the historical and architectural significance of Angkor's famous temple structures in Cambodia.
- LA Times
bound: 180 pages
publisher: www.approachguides.com (May 19, 2017)
filesize: 3632 KB